“where hope is made tangible”
Hope Place strives to make hope tangible through the Body of Christ in South Louisville.
Imagine having the opportunity to serve the nations without ever needing to get on a plane. A place where many languages are spoken and love is felt. This is what you will find at Hope Place. A place where everyone is welcome and no matter what door they may come through before arriving – a school, mental health center, transitional program, homeless shelter, refugee camp, orphanage, foster-home, rehab, or prison – s/he can be assured to receive compassion, empathy, and support.
In partnership with the local church, Hope Place implements initiatives that focus on H.O.P.E.:
Healing: connection, community, trauma-informed care.
Opportunity: helping individuals gain employment by providing ESL, mentoring, job coaching, and job opportunities. Housing for organizations, businesses and churches. Providing missions/cultural experiences and extra-curricular activities for neighborhood youth.
Purpose: empowering individuals to set goals while uncovering their passions and strengths. Helping youth and adults answer the question: What was I created to do in the world? How can I make a difference?
Education: English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, citizenship classes, literacy lessons, life-skills, cultural competency, youth & adult mentoring, homework help, and mental health education.
– After-School and Summer programs for school-age youth, offering a variety of therapeutic, expressive classes such as art, dance, music, and mindfulness. A partnership with Dare to Care offering free warm meals to students daily.
– Job Training: A partnership with Serve Louisville that includes carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, landscaping, and painting certification.
– Adult Education Classes: A partnership with COFFEE Louisville that includes English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. Free weekly ESL Literacy Tutoring & Citizenship Tutoring.
– Maya Collection: Microenterprise partner program for refugee and immigrant women.
– Urban/Intercultural Mission’s Experiences: a place for youth and adults to serve in an international context.
– Women’s Fitness Center: A women’s only gym with workout equipment, community room, and children’s playroom with weekly fitness classes.
– Facilities where community members & groups may host meetings and special events.
– Community Events: Annual Block Parties, Neighborhood Movie Nights, Trunk or Treat, Thanksgiving Feast, Christmas Party, Galentine’s Dinner, & Easter Brinner.
We strive to make hope tangible for everyone and to bring wholeness, unity and healing to our community in collaboration with the Body of Christ working together as one.